Essential oils - I am a believer

freshfoodie

I had heard a lot of talk about essential oils, but I had never actually tried them for myself. I was at a women's expo the other day and there was a woman running Compass scans. Basically, you put your hand on this device and it scans your body for imbalances using your bodies biomarkers. She basically told me everything that I knew was wrong with me (acidity, chronic pain, hypoglycemia) based on what essential oils this scan told her I should use. I didn't tell her any of these things. She then gave me a mix of lemongrass and wintergreen to put on the areas of my body that were giving me pain. I did, and 3 days later I still feel amazingly pain free. This might sound silly, but I haven't been completely pain free in years so it was pretty exciting to me. I am know a believer in the power of essential oils.

Alli

Wow! Where do I find this woman freshfoodie? Does she have a company or a website? I'm all about natural cures instead of pharmaceuticals to help pain and ailments. I'd love to have one of these Compass scans.

PaloVerde

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to color me skeptical. I don't see how rubbing a little oil on a couple parts of the body for three days is going to solve anything. Don't get me wrong. I am completely happy that this worked for you. I do remain skeptical, especially of this magical scanner that sounds like something from Star Trek.

Aconite

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to color me skeptical. I don't see how rubbing a little oil on a couple parts of the body for three days is going to solve anything. Don't get me wrong. I am completely happy that this worked for you. I do remain skeptical, especially of this magical scanner that sounds like something from Star Trek.
Well, PaloVerde, it works in much the same way that you put BenGay on an aching muscle and it starts to feel relieved. Only, with essential oils you are not only fighting the inflammation and pain, but you are attacking the root cause of the problem. Many times this can be an actual low grade infection. This is also without any side effects as essential oils are completely natural and the allergy rates are very low.

freshfoodie

PaloVerde, the scan is nothing futuristic. It simply scans your body (the nerves) and it can tell which ones are not running the way they should. As Aconite said, the essential oils work at the root of the problems instead of just treating the symptoms.

PaloVerde

It worries me when people think that "natural" means without risks or side effects. Many natural substances can be quite dangerous. I remain skeptical of any claims that come from a person holding a "scanner" that tells you what oils you need to buy from them.

Aconite

It worries me when people think that "natural" means without risks or side effects. Many natural substances can be quite dangerous. I remain skeptical of any claims that come from a person holding a "scanner" that tells you what oils you need to buy from them.
That's good, and you should be skeptical! At the same time, are you not skeptical of the billions and billions of dollars of lawsuits and fines that the pharmaceutical companies have paid out already for falsely advertising what their wonder pills can supposedly do?
I hope you are. :^)

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=pharmaceutical+fines&FORM=HDRSC6

freshfoodie

Palo, in all honesty, the scan she did actually pointed out a lot of things that I already knew about myself. I didn't realize that there was something I could do about it though. For instance, my body is highly acidic. My arm "ate" my sterling silver watch band. Apparently, there is an essential oil that fixes that. She actually had a really big book with every ailment you could possibly think of and the essential oils that help with that. It also listed all of the ones you should not use if you had certain diseases. It was pretty thorough. Was she selling oils, sure, but she in no way pressured me to buy any. She was more concerned with my overall health than selling her oils.