Epsom salt detox bath

Carolynn

Has anyone ever tried taking an Epsom salt detoxifying bath? Here is an article I found about it. I have done some other reading on them, and supposedly they may make you feel bad while you are in the tub, but you feel better after you get out. Some people even use these as a way to treat a cold or to lose weight.

That was a very interesting article and I hadn't heard of this type of bath before. Have you tried it yet? It would be interested to hear from some who might have done this.

Lyra

I've done this for some ailments. It can help with a mild migraine.

I disagree about the length of time to soak, though. My alternative healthcare provider has told me no longer than 15 minutes in a tub with that much epsom salts, because you will start to reabsorb the toxins that just left your body.

SoftRain

I've never tried a detox bath, but it intrigues me. I wonder why the article and Lyra's provider's recommendations for bath length are so different.

Lilly

I haven't tried it before, but I am curious to see if it works. If I have some Epsom salts in the cabinet I might have to give this one a try this week.

Lyra

I've never tried a detox bath, but it intrigues me. I wonder why the article and Lyra's provider's recommendations for bath length are so different.
I've been wondering that too. I talked to her today, about our nasty coughs. I wish I had thought to ask her about this! Both suggestions sound plausible to me.