Energy Drinks?

josh0322

I used to drink a lot of energy drinks when I had to drive early and often for work. I had to go long distances pre-dawn and I needed the caffeine to keep me awake while driving. I would try to have coffee when I could because the doctor said it was better for me. Sometimes though I would have a Redbull or a Monster. I never liked the taste but it was a necessity.

paulgreyman

I used to drink a lot of energy drinks when I had to drive early and often for work. I had to go long distances pre-dawn and I needed the caffeine to keep me awake while driving. I would try to have coffee when I could because the doctor said it was better for me. Sometimes though I would have a Redbull or a Monster. I never liked the taste but it was a necessity.
I agree with you on the taste of the Monster. I love the taste of red bull though. I bought a Monster drink the other day and its the nasty thing I ever tasted.

save27

I don't use energy drinks. I don't need them, it will just put a lot of caffeine into me and make me hyper, and then I am pretty sure I would crash right away if I drank an energy drink.

Waynefire

Working third shift I drank a ton of these drinks. I can tell you that they were not the best thing for me and in the hospital the doctors would even warn me about drinking them, but then ask if they helped to keep me awake.

shaunche

Some energy drinks contain five times more caffeine than the typical cup of coffee. Scientists believe this caffeine load is dangerous to health and could lead to caffeine intoxication and withdrawal. People who regularly drink energy drinks can experience heart palpitations and headaches.

EthanWang

Um in my opinion the majority of energy drinks are not good at all.. Despite the advertisement about the 200% increasing in your strength and mind power, i have not seen any improvements worh mentioning. To answer your question: yes they do pose negative impact on your health as the fact that they are "energy" drinks, so you know the best way to provide energy? morphin, caffein and nicotin. That is why many people get addicted to these energy drink. My suggestion is to use as little as you can because you can not know when do you get addicted to this. Hope this helped.

ssamcd

I don't like energy drinks. My son was drinking them and his heart started beating fast. He has stopped them since. They are known to cause high blood pressure and a fast heart beat. The worst, I feel, is taking it prior to training or working out. You could have a stroke or heart attack. Best to stay away from them.

Suzie

I stay away from energy drinks as well. Sadly, it's mostly the taste for me. If they made a better tasting one, I would probably drink them more often.

meowcow

I think the effects aren't as visible so it would be hard to get just personal opinion. I would trust the scientists or doctors on this one. I am no expert, but my best guess is that since it speeds up your heart, it is an unnatural occurrence in your body and will definitely provide some very unnatural results. That's just my guess.

SifuPhil

Here's a little tid-bit to chew on ... Red Bull (and possibly some other brands of energy drink) uses ingredients from EOSDirect. EOSDirect is the new name of ChemNutra, the husband-and-wife Nevada company that was charged in 2007 with knowingly distributing tainted wheat gluten from China to all the major manufacturers of wet pet food (150 brands), resulting in the deaths of thousands of cats and dogs and sickening 30,000 - 50,000.

They were only fined $35,000 and given 3 years of probation. They were also party to a multi-million dollar lawsuit but it's unclear how much they contributed to that.

So essentially when you buy these energy drinks you're helping to support a company that killed thousands of animals, changed its name and now sells ingredients to the energy drink companies.

Red Bull gives you wings, all right - just like the rest of the angels have.

Anna T

That is horrible! I generally stay away from energy drinks. Coffee will do for me as far as providing the energy I need. Glad I have not been drinking those.

mistygreen

Drinking energy drink regularly are harmful.energy drink contain high amount of caffeine and sugar which is not good for health that causes dehydration,headache,insomnia,dizziness.so try to stop drinking energy drink.

shaunche

The problem is that most of us rely on glucose for energy, even though it is not our preferred energy source from an evolutionary point of view. Your energy will slump as soon as your blood glucose levels drop, leaving you feeling hungry and reinforcing the cycle.

Esperahol

I have never had a problem with energy drinks, but then I don't drink them alot and when I do I know exactly what I'm getting into. It isn't a big deal since most of them are just sugar in water - like Red Bull which tastes disgusting by the way.

SifuPhil

I've never understood the penchant for mixing energy drinks with alcohol. People that have done this tell me it keeps them alert while still getting buzzed, but as a former bouncer I can attest that it rarely seemed to work out that way. I think it just made the alcohol sickeningly sweet.

ohiotom76

I can't imagine these things are good on your heart, they're probably putting a strain on it. I used to drink them once in a while, but combined with my coffee and diet coke drinking - it was too much and I was really feeling strung out. They're also overpriced imo.

chabella

All Lady
I guess I have never drank enough to have a crash from it. And to play both sides here, on the Redbull note, how can you say these people have not changed their ways? I mean I fully support agencies against the cruelty of animals and I never buy tested on products but who is to say those people never changed their ways? Think of it this way, what things have you done in the past that you knew were wrong and changed to better yourself. Because they were bad then means they are auto labeled as bad now?

misumaru15

I know that monster energy drinks don't taste too good to me. I have literally gagged on them. Then I poured them down the drain. I haven't had an energy drink in months. The last time I think it was Rockstar juiced.

srj

Energy drinks are indeed unhealthy. They are high in caffeine and sugar, which both cause dehydration and lead to diseases like diabetes.