Eggplant

SoftRain

What are the nutritional benefits of eggplant? We picked one up the other day because my daughter wanted to try it. She just likes the purple skin and probably won't actually eat it, but you never know.

jason

Have a great day
It has fiber, manganese, potassium, vitamin k, b6, c, b3, and magnesium.

I like eggplant when cooked certain ways. Slicked and fried is good, but then you loose some health benefits. I've had some people cook it and and it just turns kinda mushy.

Cassia

I have just read that eggplant contains essential fatty acids like omega-3, which is good for cardiovascular health and cancer prevention. Also, it is low in saturated fat and cholesterol.

By the way, try making eggplant Parmesan. Your daughter might like it. :)

Lyra

There are tons of healthful vitamins and minerals in eggplants. Last weekend I sliced up an eggplant. I brushed each slice with olive oil, salted and peppered. Then I put them under the broiler until they were soft and had brown spots. I normally grill them with this recipe, but broiling is nearly as good.

It was amazing, really. I'm not going to tell you how much I ate. Okay, I ate it all, all by myself. Not in one sitting, but in one day! It is sort of sweet and smokey, and the salt and pepper really complement the flavor. The texture when cooked that way is almost creamy. YUM!

StarGazer

The only way I've ever had eggplant is in Eggplant Parmesan and I really like it that way. I'm going to try it in a vegetable lasagna once the weather cools down, though. I saw a recipe that sounded good.

Primrose

Hubby loves eggplant but I'm not a big fan. Last summer, we did try grilling some and I liked it that way. We brushed it with olive oil, sprinkled it with seasoned salt and grilled until tender in the middle. I could eat it that way all day long.