Donate!

lolli

If you donate throughout the year where and who to you donate to? My family has decided to start donating to the Humane Society of the town I work at. They are always asking for donations. I had to go in there a couple of days ago - I was buying calendars for co-workers. I could not believe how many animals they had. My daughter and I went out and bought a lot of stuff last night to take there for donation tomorrow. We need to get a few more things. Does anyone else donate to an animal shelter?

chabella

All Lady
We donate out of every paycheck that clears through three counties in our area, we also donate to the place where we have adopted all but one of our pets. Those are the only places we donate to though.

Lilly

I don't donate to any animal shelters but we donate to two local charities that are run by some kids in our area. They do their best to get Christmas to as many kids as possible in the community. During the rest of the year they plan birthday parties and activities for kids in foster care.

freshfoodie

I donate pet food freebies and good coupon deals I get in the mail to the local shelter. I also donate goods and groceries to the local women's shelter throughout the year.

Lyra

I like to look for opportunities to give to people I come into personal contact with who are in need. I also give to a place in Asia that purchases little girls whose families are about to sell them into the sex trade and brings them up, even paying for college if they wish to attend.

lolli

I donate to many other places as well. I donated money to our local Moose Lodge for the Christmas party (kids). I also donate to a Christmas family through my workplace. My kids and I send packages overseas to soldiers too (every other month).

SoftRain

Most of our donations are to Goodwill when we are clearing out the house. I also donate some money to a local women's shelter and occasionally to Planned Parenthood.

lolli

I donate a lot of clothing to the local hospital. They take it to some Sister Susan group (church ran group). I love reading about all of the places people donate. Anyone donate their time too?

Myrrh

I usually choose the children's charity as the recipient of my humble donations. I believe I have a soft spot for kids, and since I was little, I have always thought of sharing my blessings with children in need.

Lyra

I want to share something I am doing this Christmas. There is a family that lives in my neighborhood. They seem to be constantly in turmoil. Their house is very modest and it seems clear they rarely have enough. Many times I have worried about the three children that live there, when I see the police breaking up a domestic issue or hear screaming late at night on school nights.

I want so badly to do something for them. I want the children to get something on Christmas that thrills their hearts. I have bought a few things to wrap up for them. For instance, we found a darling, plush dolly for the 7 year old girl to snuggle. I am going to run up a little blanket and pillow for the doll. The 12 year old is getting some sparkly lip glosses, manicure set and lotions, along with a bath pouf. We picked up a few coloring books for the 5 year old, along with a sticker album and sheets of stickers. We got her the box of 48 crayons (who didn't love the bigger box as a kid?). I am going to get a gingerbread man cookie to add to her box. All the girls are getting a glittery ornament and a Santa candy.

On Christmas Eve, I am going to pop over and leave the prettily wrapped gifts on the porch. I hope it brings them a tiny spot of cheer. I am excited to get to be a St. Nicholas this year.

Alli

I've never thought about donating to the animal shelter. Both my rescue kitties have come directly off the street. It is a good idea though. We usually call the local soup kitchen and ask what they need and also donate to the local women's shelter.