Does Anyone Use Cayenne?

Esperahol

It makes everything delicious and I love it best in my five alarm chili. I also use ghost peppers in my chili... It's okay I generally top with sour cream and a soft, fresh white cheese. I also serve it with a lachee.

misumaru15

I don't usually use much hot stuff. I have been adding it to more food now. I am trying to lose weight and working out. It's a different taste and supposedly help burn a bit more calories.

gina121

Yes, like misumaru, I too have used cayenne pepper to lose weight in the past. Cayenne helps raise metabolism, and hence is supposed to help in weight loss. Just a pinch added to my warm lemon drink (without sugar) had become a staple for nearly six months when I was on a weight-loss mission. I don't use it in cooking as I'm sure the family will find it too hot. I believe there are even cayenne pepper tablets being sold.

Beth23

Yes, like misumaru, I too have used cayenne pepper to lose weight in the past. Cayenne helps raise metabolism, and hence is supposed to help in weight loss. Just a pinch added to my warm lemon drink (without sugar) had become a staple for nearly six months when I was on a weight-loss mission. I don't use it in cooking as I'm sure the family will find it too hot. I believe there are even cayenne pepper tablets being sold.
I have used it in cooking a lot. Chili and other sauces. I heard about the Cayenne pepper diet but I have never tried it.

Gina, did you find it helped you lose weight ? Did you just do that or did you use it in conjunction with other methods to lose ? I may give it a try. I drink lemon water a lot already. It cant hurt to add a pinch of cayenne to it.

chabella

All Lady
Clearing sinuses is great but other than that no one in the house likes the stuff. I have even tried to sneak in small amounts and its a no go. They always fine out about it and then the meal is ruined with no one but me eating it.

Clearing sinuses is great but other than that no one in the house likes the stuff. I have even tried to sneak in small amounts and its a no go. They always fine out about it and then the meal is ruined with no one but me eating it.
It's the same in my house. What's interesting, though, is that my husband will eat anything I cook until he finds out what's in it, haha! If he knows there's cayenne in it he's suddenly not hungry anymore.

Jessi

I love cayenne pepper. It's a great way to kick up a dish in the flavor department. Just remember that a little bit goes a long way with a pepper like this, so don't overdo it.

Parker

I love cayenne pepper. I use it to on fish. I also like to add it to my spaghetti sauce. I like a little kick to my food. I also use crushed red pepper.

freshfoodie

I use Cayenne pepper in my chili, on my potato wedges and sometimes on my sweet potato fries. It is so delicious and the health benefits are amazing. Not only is it good for clearing your sinuses, but the high capsaicin levels speed up your metabolism as well aiding in weight loss.

Sage

I have used it to make chili, but I really don't like it in anything else. It is just too hot for me. I prefer just a mild red pepper when I want a little kick. I just don't really care for spicy food.

jovan107

I used Cayenne pepper when cooking and as a scalp treatment to encourage hair growth. I love Cayenne pepper its one of the staple products in my kitchen.

gina121

I have used it in cooking a lot. Chili and other sauces. I heard about the Cayenne pepper diet but I have never tried it.

Gina, did you find it helped you lose weight ? Did you just do that or did you use it in conjunction with other methods to lose ? I may give it a try. I drink lemon water a lot already. It cant hurt to add a pinch of cayenne to it.
Beth, I used it in conjunction with other methods. The idea was to get my metabolism raised and keep it high as much as possible throughout the day. Exercise was one way. Green tea with cayenne was an add-on, besides also taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in warm water.

tiff

I use cayenne and mix it with my monthly lemon cleanse diet, which lasts for a week. Cayenne gives warm, burning feeling in the stomach. It really works for me though. :D

aphil

I use cayenne and it is not just hot, it is flavorable and spicey. I use just the right amount to blend with the food and other spices. It is also very stimulating and gets your blood to circulating. It also has vitamin C.
I used to drink it when I had female troubles and needed to stop them, it works well.
I always wondered about how people use it for healing wounds. It seems like it would hurt more than help. Has anyone ever used it externally to heal wounds and if so, share your experience?

artistry

What an amazing array of great comments. I wanted to know the health benefits of it and now I have an idea of that. Thanks so much for the excellent input. Cheers.

hunysukle

My worse experience with cayenne was when the lid of it wasn't screwed on properly and I accidentally poured a ton of it onto my food. I didn't want to waste the food, so I scraped off as much as possible and ate it anyway. Since then I haven't been able to enjoy cayenne pepper as much as you'd think.

ohiotom76

I love the flavor of it, but I don't really see how a sprinkle of it in food will have a significant effect on weight loss. They used to sell cayenne pepper pills for weight loss, but I've heard people complain about getting upset stomach from them.

Most of the time when I use cayenne it's in the form of hot sauce, I don't use the dry stuff that often. It is really good for perking up otherwise bland stuff like chicken or fish. Sometimes I just use it in place of black pepper when seasoning things.