Did your Chiropractor take X rays?

question

I went to a new Chiropractor and was hopping he would take x-rays. He did not because he does not have the equipment and has to refer you out, which he doesn't want to do. I thought all Chiropractors took x-rays?

DanikaM

I know that a lot of times a Doctor will refer you to a Chiropractor and the doctor would have done x-rays beforehand. Did you see a doctor before seeing the Chiropractor? You can always just go to your doctor to get them done.

ThymeandTide

My insurance wouldn't pay for them if I had them at the Chiropractor so he wrote the order for them and I had them at the local hospital. They paid for them that way. Go figure.

question

Yeah my doctor did take x-rays. That was like 7 months ago. I guess I could go get those x-rays and see if I can take a copy to the chrio. I just feel like there is more going on than meets the eye.

heytacos

My insurance wouldn't pay for them if I had them at the Chiropractor so he wrote the order for them and I had them at the local hospital. They paid for them that way. Go figure.
That is interesting to hear about since it would then go on your insurance as a hospital bill which actually costs quite a bit more than a normal office visit. Have you checked to see how much it costs?

ThymeandTide

I have Medicare which won't pay for the x-rays at the chiropractor's office. If you get x-rays as an outpatient at the hospital, it's paid for by Medicare though. So why do you think that Medicare is losing money like a sieve?