Diaper Shortage

Lilly

Has anyone been following the news about a potential diaper shortage ? As a mom with one in Pull-ups and one in diapers I have been trying to keep an eye on it. There was a plant explosion in Japan, and apparently they were one of the major producers of a key diaper ingredient.

chabella

All Lady
No but I was watching that Shark show the other night about a lady who for twelve years was trying to market her own new type of diaper products. Similar to washables but it comes with a dozen in a pack and they last forever. If I remember the link I will be sure to let you know.

Lyra

Sounds like a good time to give cloth diapers a whirl. None of my kids are in diapers anymore, but we loved them in cloth diapers. There are so many adorable styles to choose from, and they are easier than people think.

Carolynn

I have got a baby in diapers too, but so far I haven't seen an explosion in price or had a hard time finding any. I buy mine at Sam's by the case so hopefully they will stay affordable.

I never heard anything about a diaper shortage but that would sure suck if you had kids in diapers. I would say it was either time to potty train or time to go cloth.

jason

Have a great day
I have three in diapers. Have yet to hear anything about it, but we stock up fairly regularly. Worst case we go back to cloth ones.

Lilly

For those who hadn't heard anything about it here is one of the many news stories about it. So far I haven't noticed a shortage, but I imagine it might actually take a few months to happen.

Luvkenny

I don't have any in diapers. What a mess this could be. I was the type of mom that changed my baby as soon as she went to the bathroom. I know others wait a bit. I hope this shortage does not affect any of you.

Lucinda

At least there are alternatives. I always had cloth diapers on hand. Even though they may take more work, they are better all around for baby and the environment. They'd help the budget, too.

chabella

All Lady
I remember my mother telling me that I was a cloth diaper baby and for some reason when my kids came around it just seemed odd to do. Looking back now of course I wish I had done it to start with. And this is the lady I was mentioned earlier.

Lilly

I wanted to use cloth diapers with both of mine and I do have a few on hand in case of emergencies. I could never get up enough money for the initial cost of cloth diapers even though I know it would have been cheaper in the long run.

SoftRain

I use cloth diapers, so this wouldn't affect me unless I want to go on vacation, which is the only time I use disposables. Has anyone noticed an increase in the price of disposables since the explosion?

Luvkenny

I work at a hospital and the diaper shortage is hitting us here. I keep getting emails about it saying that certain sizes are on backorder until the end of the month. Wonder what they will do here if they run out?

SoftRain

LuvKenny, maybe they have plans to use cloth as a back up, or maybe they figure that they will have enough disposables to last since the end of the month is so close.