Detox Foods: Watercress, Ginger, Garlic

Hyacinth

I saw a list of detox foods and some of which are watercress, ginger, and garlic. Garlic contains a chemical that help ward off toxins. Ginger is loaded with antioxidants and good for digestive health. Watercress, a diuretic, helps in flushing toxins out the body.

shaunche

Ginger has very powerful antibacterial properties, it will kill bacteria inside the body, however, some of these bacteria are 'friendly'. Coriander/cilantro is another powerful natural cleanser, it is known to chelate heavy metals from the body.

My favorite detoxifier is dandelion. It has been used by the ancient Chinese and American Indians for thousands of years as a liver and gallbladder cleanser. It's also been used to treat skin problems, swelling, upset stomach and heartburn. It's got a decent amount of vitamins A,B,C, and D plus it is a good source of minerals. I like to throw some leaves on salads as I enjoy the taste. It makes a great tea also.

It feels good to make use of a plant that most people consider a pesky weed.

gina121

For detox, I like to go on a green diet, by filling my fridge with kale, alfalfa, spinach, etc. besides supplementing with spirulina capsules, which helps detox the liver. I also find melons and leeks to be good diuretics. Leeks, in particular, are said to have both antiseptic and anti-arthritic properties. There are a wealth of natural foods out there to take care of our bodies.:)

AppleMay

These are all interesting to hear about. I've been wanting to try something for detoxing my body now and then so I will look into some of these a bit more.

jovan107

I love ginger and I have used it to detox and when I have a cold/flu. I grate it and boil it in hot water for 10 minutes, after boiling I let it cool for a hour or two before I drink it. Its a great natural remedy to protect and fight against bacteria in the body.