Depression Help?

ssamcd

I take starflower oil with evening primrose. It is made by 7 seas. I would consider this an omega 3 supplement. I take 2 everday, when I remember. How about your folic acid. It is a B vitamin and will lift your serotonin levels and it is also good for your nervous system. Green vegetables can also help depression immensely. Another thing that helps is the sunlight. Go for a walk and breath in the fresh air. These are the things I do when I am feeling down.

shaunche

Make sure you diet is rich in omega-3 and healthy fats from pastured butter, pastured meat and eggs, coconut and avocado. The brain is made of fat, studies have linked a lack of omega-3 to depression and most of us do not consume enough.

Meow

I've always found strong green tea works well when I'm feeling depressed.

I'm not sure if there's any science behind it, but I always feel rather chipper and energetic while drinking it.

I was very depressed a few years ago, to the point where I checked myself in to the hospital. I discovered yoga while I was there, and it's been the most helpful thing for me keeping depression at bay since then.

Well, a poor diet and not exercising can lead to depression. It is important to be exercising every day. Also, do not let others get you down. It is important to live your life with a positive attitude. If you act positive and have a smile on your face, chances are that you will feel great.

ohiotom76

There are also outdoor light simulators from companies such as Verilux that are supposed to help cheer you up, especially during the winter or if you are indoors alot (such as at work). I've used them with some success, but my only caution is to not use them in the evening, as they were making it harder for me to get to sleep.

shaunche

There are also outdoor light simulators from companies such as Verilux that are supposed to help cheer you up, especially during the winter or if you are indoors alot (such as at work). I've used them with some success, but my only caution is to not use them in the evening, as they were making it harder for me to get to sleep.
Are you talking about the light boxes used to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder? I had Seasonal Affective Disorder in my teenage years and I was considering using a light box but they are quite expensive. My SAD is not as bad now so I don't need it.

Esperahol

If you are actually depressed then I do not suggest trying to deal with this on your own - it can lead to a very ugly place.
If you are simply feeling down then light exercise (like going for a ten or fifteen minute walk) or having a dinner of fish and green tea with a desert of chocolate and fruit can help give you a boost. You can also try talking it out with others.

hunysukle

Read the book "Spontaneous Happiness" by Dr. Andrew Weil. It gives you an easy-to-follow weekly plan to help you achieve emotional well-being. I read the book, and it goes in depth about depression and how you can treat it naturally. The author actually experienced depression himself and overcame it, so he knows exactly what he's talking about. He tells you exactly what to eat to overcome depression, plus other holistic approaches to take. You can check it out from any library (that's where I found it) or purchase it on Amazon.