Dandelion Tea

Myrrh

I haven't tried dandelion tea, but I was just reading that dandelion tea has good detox properties. According to Dr. Oz, a cup of this tea before bedtime can help eliminate toxins in your urine.

Carolynn

I don't believe I have ever seen dandelion tea in a store before though I can't say that I have been looking for it. I will keep my eyes peeled because I would certainly give it a try.

wanderingherb

Yes Dandelion is one of my favorites along with miss yarrow and Mr. Elder. Except just at night, nah. Not enough. Best to do three times a day which mean on in the eveining. It is not so much a "Detox" per se. It is not fulshing toxin out per se. But it is wonderful for sluggish liver, gallbladder, and such. All round good for you.

My daughter every year resets her body using dandelion, cranberry juice or cherry and water combinations. Very light eating. The tincture will work fine too!

And to think how many people take out weed killer to contaminate the ground and kill the population of dandelions, when its just as easy to dig them out before they bloom and keep the population down. Then go in and make a healthy meal with the plant! :) LOL. But gotta have that perfect grass lawn.

SoftRain

I hadn't heard of dandelion tea. How does it taste? I associate it with a bitter taste for some reason; I wonder if I ate some as a child and forgot about it. ;)

I have heard that dandelions are really good for you. My father in law used to pick dandelions and use them to make wine. He also cut up the green stem and put them in the salad. He said that you could never tell the difference at all. I have yet to try it, but I probably will sometime soon. Dandelion tea sounds interesting, but definitely another thing I will check out.

Somniate

I've heard about dandelion tea, as well as dandelion wine. Would the wine have a lot of health properties too?

I'll have to give dandelion tea a try next time I see some sprouting. I'm sure there are recipes online somewhere.

Lena51

I have never heard of the dandelion tea as a detox but I do drink all kinds of tea. I know that most tea is good for you and is good for your health. I will have to try that one because I am sure that is works as well as other tea. I love the green, black, white and oolong tea and I keep a supply on hand just to have something to drink other than coffee during the day. I don't think your body can get to much liquids. I will be going to the health food store to pick some up this week to give it a try.

chabella

All Lady
We have tons of dandelions trying to sprout up all over the yard, would you like me to clip some and mail them out? Seriously I have never heard of this before but it seems a little interesting, is it just a before bedtime tea?

Marina

There is dandelion root in this tea I drink called Peach Detox by Yogi. The tea actually tastes pretty decent, though not really like peach. More like spicy, cinnamony chai. Anyway, as far as I've been able to tell it acts like a diuretic.

AnonaMoss

I've seen dandelion tea at Whole Foods for anyone who is looking for it. It has a dandelion on the box, and I believe it was less than $5.00

If you can't find it at Whole Foods try Amazon.

I've never tried it, but maybe I will. Dr. Oz usually has great advice.

dissn_it

I've never tried dandelion tea was a detox tea. That is good to know that it acts like a diuretic. Here all this time, we thought that they were just weeds!