Cravings

Aletha

I am terrible about craving things that are so bad for me. It's always sweets and carbs. If I don't have sweets, I eat constantly which I guess is my body trying to seek out what I crave. I hate doing it but cake tastes sooo good. I made a yellow cake today with fresh buttercream frosting and it's absolutely delicious. I've eaten two pieces so far and I hope I have gotten it out of my system.

Luvkenny

Yum! I am the same way! I crave Hershey's with Almonds though. I also crave Coke! I try to not give into the cravings but it doesn't always work. Your cake sounds pretty delicious!

2Nature

I'm the same way too. I could eat sweets all day long and every day. It's funny that I don't like fatty foods and meats but crave more for carbs.

freshfoodie

I usually go ahead and have a little of what I am craving so that I don't go overboard later. It works out better for me that way.

Myrrh

I have a sweet tooth, and I crave sweets everyday. Resisting this temptation is one of my biggest health challenges. I don't deprive myself of these cravings though, but I try hard to control myself or else I could eat a couple of bars of Cadbury chocolate or two slices of cheesecake a day.

WillieR

Seriously, I have eaten half a cake before at one sitting. But then I'm a dude and I don't gain weight, so I guess I got lucky in the metabolism lottery.

Pinkle

I watched a documentary recently about cravings and what I learned makes sense. According to the research, we crave starchy, sweet foods not only because they taste good but because, from a survival standpoint, they pack more "bang for your buck" than foods that are not starchy. That's why when you eat sweets your brain releases feel-good hormones. It's rewarding you for choosing foods that are most likely to ensure your survival!

SoftRain

I wish our brains would get with the program and stop making us crave foods that make us fat. :p I have chocolate on a daily basis, but I have finally managed to cut it down to just a few Hershey's kisses a day, which is miles ahead of where I was.

aunaturel

We create our own food addictions. A child raised without frequent sweets or sugars doesn't have a sweet tooth. It's all in how we train ourselves. If you stopped sweets for a while, you'd find things would taste too sweet and you wouldn't like them as much. Of course, that takes some time to accomplish, though.

chabella

All Lady
Every once in a while I will get a craving but three out of four times I skip it because I know it is bad for me. I will not totally skip it though, that is when you get into the funny downward spiral of hating the fact of trying to be "healthy" and give up.

Pinkle

We create our own food addictions. A child raised without frequent sweets or sugars doesn't have a sweet tooth. It's all in how we train ourselves. If you stopped sweets for a while, you'd find things would taste too sweet and you wouldn't like them as much. Of course, that takes some time to accomplish, though.
People who don't crave sweets? What language are you speaking?! :p Seriously though, I know what you mean. I have severely slacked off the sweet foods here in the past couple of years or so and while it was a MAJOR struggle to get past the cravings initially, now I don't crave sweets as often and when I do, the sweets I eat are nowhere near as sweet as the "sweets" I used to want.