Cornflakes and Toned Milk

glider

My daughter aged 24 is overweight. To control her weight, she consumes cornflakes with double toned milk for breakfast and dinner. For lunch, it's two vegetables and spinach. Will this diet help reduce her weight? Or will it lead to any other problems?

CeeCee

I'm not sure I know what double toned milk is. Regardless, this doesn't sound like a balanced diet. The vegetables for lunch is good, but she needs to get some lean meat or fish in there along with some whole grains.

Lilandra

CeeCee's right about a balanced diet, eating small and more frequent meals will help her manage her weight more effectively. Eating more frequently, causes your body's metabolic rate to become more active.

A cousin of mine had a cornflakes crave...and she gained a lot of weight from those flakes.

There is a commercial on the TV or the radio, that asks a question...Did you know that you can gain weight if you consume less than a 1000 calories a day?

biggy

That's news to be Lilandra. You're right, I'm consuming less than 1000 calories but my weight remains the same. Some times, I get the feeling that my weight has increased. Thanks for the information, I shall try to consume more than 1000 calories hereafter. Thanks.