Colonic?

Janet

Has anyone here ever had continued success with colonics? I tried one when I was a teen and I liked how I felt afterwards, but I never continued. I would like to start again, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck cleansing via colonic sessions.

Glinda

I've never tried it, but I know a family who swears by it. They all go once a month and they say they feel great afterwards. I've been thinking about trying it, but it sounds a little uncomfortable to me.

HannahD

I have a very dear friend who does this a few times a year (he also gives himself enemas monthly to clean the system). He absolutely swears by them. He's been trying to get me to go for several months. It is somewhat uncomfortable, but as he tells me, the key is just to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soursop

My late father used to do that, and when we were kids he used to administer oral laxatives to us once every year to get rid of any parasites that may be squatting inside.

Thyme

I have never heard of a colonic. Could you guys explain? I gather by reading that it has to do with laxatives. Is it really safe to do it once a month?

HannahD

Thyme, I haven't had one myself but my friend has them a few times a year & explained the process. In general, when you go in for the appointment they give you something to drink (I don't remember how he described it or what it was), they lubricate a kind of hose and insert it in the rectum. Then I believe water is flushed into the rectum and then sucked out the hose along with anything lingering inside the colon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remidies

My mother was a nurse and whenever we were sick we had to have colonics. They are very uncomfortable. I did feel better afterwards. I think they are great if you have headaches or cannot go to the bathroom. I have not done them as an adult. I had too many of them.

dollbaby55

Detoxification and Cleansing

Greetings all. I'm new here and this is my very first post. Over the last 9 years I've transitioned to and lived a Raw Vegan Lifestyle which has opened the door to a complete re-education of myself where health is concerned. Colonics, also known as Colon Cleansing and Colon Hydrotherapy is one of the best wellness processes you should undergo, regularly. I've had and continue to have them regularly, confident that I am doing my body good. Afterwards, I ALWAYS feel 100% better. Colon Hydrotherapy will be as uncomfortable as your mind allows it to be. But for your health, you will soon learn to relax. Here's a brief discription it's benefits.

Colon irrigation is an extended and more complete form of an enema. The concept involves the mechanical process of infusing warm, purified water into the rectum with the objective of cleansing or evacuation the colon. This procedure removes fecal material from the colon walls and dilutes the bacterial toxic concentration in the large intestine. By using good intestinal hygiene, you can eliminate as many as 22 toxins. Accumulation of these toxins can produce the following symptoms:

Allergies, Gas/Bloating, Congestion, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Coated Tongue, Bad Breath, Cold Hands and/or Feet, Swelling of Legs, Overweight/Underweight, Poor Appetite, Fatigue, Headache, Depression, Loss of Memory /Concentration, Skin Problems, Irritability, Lack of Sexual Response, Anxiety/Worry/Tension, Stress, Female Menstrual Problems / PMS, Menopause Symptoms, Extended Abdomen, and Improper Posture.

I'd like to recommend a book that will help in understanding the whole human anatomy. It's very thorough but not lengthy or boring. It's called "Colon Health, The Key to a Vibrant Life" by Dr. Norman Walker. The following is quoted from the book.

"Our troubles started at birth, soon after we inhaled our first breath. Did Mama watch how and what the baby's bowel was evacuating? Regularity of the bowel should start at birth and continue until the autopsy indicates to what extent we have cared for or neglected the attention the colon must have. Generally, progressive degeneration of the colon begins shortly after birth; a normal baby's colon is perfect, for a while. From childhood through adolescence, discipline (or the lack of it) is greatly responsible for its condition. Thereafter, knowledge and free-will determine the condition of the colon and its effect on the individual's physical, mental and spiritual health throughout the rest of his life."

A heads-up, there are two things that you should strive to do no matter how old or young you are but are especially if you're young. You've got a long way to go in this ever toxic growing world. Take care of your Colon AND your Spine! The keys to your good health depend on them greatly. So, in addition to your MD (if you prefer one), be sure to add a Colon Therapist and a Chiroprator to your list of Health Practitioners to visit regularly.

Sorry for the dissertation.