Colicky babies

fit2be

I was just told by a co-worker that when she went to the Chiropractor yesterday there was a lady with a baby there. She asked the chiropractor why they were there and she was told the baby was colicky. I have never heard such a thing - I would NEVER take my baby to a Chiropractor. Thoughts?

strawberry

I actually have a book that was written by chiropractors and they each talk about some of their unusual experiences. One story was about how a colicky baby was cured of his colic after two visits. So I guess it is possible.

GlassSlipper

I would have never thought about taking a baby to the chiropractor. I used to go frequently and I have never seen a baby there. I might consider it as a last resort if I was in that situation though.

SoftRain

I have heard of women taking babies to the chiropractor for fussiness/colic and some of them swear by it. I've never done it myself though.

rayne

I was one of those mothers that took her baby to the chiopractor for asthma and it worked. The theory is that if everything is in alignment, then the body will work as it should. It worked for me and my now 32 year old son.

naturelady

I absolutely would. There are chiropractors that are specially trained to treat babies and children and there are many health issues that they can help with. Colic is one, ear infections is another. I think babies that come out fast need an adjustment.

Carolynn

I wish I had known about this when my oldest was born. She had horrible colic and nothing really seemed to help at all. She finally "grew" out of it.

wanderingherb

Oh boy. This seems to be another rising trend across the country. For some reason some Chiropractors and adjoining their training along with alternative modes of medicine and convincing individuals that the diagnosis or treatment there of it due to a balance needed with incredibly expensive natureopathic TCM and mixed blend of western. Then they also adjust your back to "cure" the illness that plagues you. For some this works. But I know many who have been entirely jipped. So if this happens you need to ask mr. Chiropractor if he has a license to practice Nutrition, Physical Therapy, TCM, and Natueropathy and MD cause only physician may diagnose.

I took my baby to a chiropractor when he was very little. I did not feel that he was trying to "cure" him of anything, but when nothing else works to help your baby sometimes you are ready to try anything! It turned out that my child (now almost 3) seemed to have some constipation problems and after only a few visits he was so much better and sleeping at night for us. My chiropractor never did try to diagnose anything, but I didn't see the problem with trying something when the regular md's could not help me. For those who may not know, they do not "adjust" a baby in the same manner that they adjust adults. They have a tool called an activator that they used on my child that was non invasive and did not "crack" anything. I know that some people have a picture in their head of this dramatic adjustment of a baby and that isn't the case, at least in my experience.