Coconut oil

livingreen2012

I make my own deodorant by mixing coconut oil, baking soda and corn starch. I have also heard that coconut oil is good for acne as well. Anyone else tried coconut oil for acne?

I make my own deodorant by mixing coconut oil, baking soda and corn starch. I have also heard that coconut oil is good for acne as well. Anyone else tried coconut oil for acne?
Somehow, coconut oil for acne sounds really counterintuitive to me... but I think I'm going to try your deodorant recipe.

I don't like putting oil on my face because my face is already the oily type. I like the idea of your organic deodorant, though. However, I have a sweating problem. I sweat more than average girls do. Is your formula a good antiperspirant, too?

livingreen2012

Somehow, coconut oil for acne sounds really counterintuitive to me... but I think I'm going to try your deodorant recipe.
I read some where it was good but Im not for sure though. I am going to see and I also read that raw honey was good also.

I don't like putting oil on my face because my face is already the oily type. I like the idea of your organic deodorant, though. However, I have a sweating problem. I sweat more than average girls do. Is your formula a good antiperspirant, too?
I used to sweat so make that it left places on my shirts and the deodorant has helped the sweat a lot. I havent noticed any places on my shirts from sweat since I have been using it..:)

rayne

I would never have thought to use coconut oil in a deoderant. In lotions and on hair, yes, but not in a deoderant. I'll bet it smells heavenly.

btatro

This will be worth a try for me. I am a sweater ( :( ). Not horrible, but I have not found an antiperspirant that actually works.

livingreen2012

I hope it works for everyone. It has worked wonderful for me and my boyfriend. I used the coconut oil, just a little bit in my daughters hair for cradle cap and it worked great. :)

Sugarhill

I only use coconut oil for my hair. It helps seal in moisture and since I've started using it, I've loved the overall results. My hair just looks softer and more hydrated than it did prior to me using it.

konstantina

Yeap, I use it on my hair, too, but the recipe sounds great, I ll try it. I used to make a doedorant with lavender oil and rose water, but this sounds great, too. I don't know if it can be used for acne, I only though of it as a moisturizing oil. It could work, though

Tecca_Nina

I think I've heard about coconut oil being used for acne, not completely sure though.

Good idea to use it as a deodorant though. It's a beautiful smell.

Hyacinth

I know a number of people who apply coconut oil to their hair. Accordingly, coconut oil promotes hair growth, adds shine and moisture to the hair. It is good for the scalp, too. I am not surprised that coconut oil is also used for skin care and for acne treatment. Before, I would have thought that using oil to get rid of pimples seemed unreasonable but now, people are claiming that oil can help combat acne.

Sugarhill

I know a number of people who apply coconut oil to their hair. Accordingly, coconut oil promotes hair growth, adds shine and moisture to the hair. It is good for the scalp, too. I am not surprised that coconut oil is also used for skin care and for acne treatment. Before, I would have thought that using oil to get rid of pimples seemed unreasonable but now, people are claiming that oil can help combat acne.
Well, I've heard that it actually seals in the moisture, rather than actually adding it to the hair. After I wash my hair, I add some coconut oil and it's seals the hair shaft.

People use other oils to do the same thing, but I prefer coconut oil because it is relatively light in comparison to some of the other suggestions I've heard.

Marina

I have tried using Coconut Oil on my face and hair before. I have found it to be too heavy, though. It did work nicely on my hands however! Personally, I prefer to cook with Coconut Oil. It's so healthy for you, tastes delicious, and it has a higher burn temp than butter.

I love coconut oil on my hair, but it made my face feel too greasy and it clogged my pores which led to breakouts. Grape seed oil is very light and doesn't clog my pores.

btatro

I would be willing to try for deodorant. I have yet to find one that really works for me, and have been playing around with home recipes a bit.

lovelikewinter3

I've used coconut oil on my face before, and it definitely does not lead to clogged pores on my skin. I just use a small amount and rub it in well. It smells so good, and my skin feels so luxurious afterwards. It helps regulate the oil production on my face, so I love it!

beckyv1265

Acne is usually caused by hormones and bacteria. I have my teenagers wash their face carefully and then use lemon juice on a cotton ball to clean out excess dirty oils. Then they put a little coconut oil to soften the skin. They rarely break out. It aslo helps to drink lots of fluids during sports. The sweating helps clean out the pores.

SoftRain

I tried that deodorant recipe before but got a rash from the baking soda. :( A lot of people swear by it though. As for coconut oil and acne, I've always heard it was comedogenic, so another oil would be more appropriate.

evolver

I can say that my cousin has tried it several times. She says that it works but all I can say about her usage is that it leaves a crusty mess everywhere. :eek: