Cocoa and Chocolate

konstantina

Hi everyone, I 'd like to share something I read recently. Have you seen in the market these chocolates that are organic, have cocoa from Africa or are 80% dark imported cocoa? I used to choose them over others simply because I thought they were pure. However, I read that in other countries the law for cocoa is different or doesn't exist, so you can never e sure about the uality of the product. It really freaked me out. Do you know anything about that?

Randomhero

I havent heard about this, depending on where you read that from it might not be 100% true. If you enjoy that type of chocolate than go ahead :)

shaunche

I have heard about this. You need to research the market and find a respect chocolate supplier. Many of the popular expensive brands you find in your local supermarket are not very good.

Do you mean that the chocolate we are eating is not made from cocoa anymore? If that's true, I am not really surprised. Too many things sold in the market are adulterated already.

dissn_it

This is the first I have heard of this, but I am not really surprised. I am glad I don't eat a lot of chocolate now. My favoite is still M&M's! I may have to look into where that chocolate center is actually coming from now.

amy71219

I have not heard of that before. I always assumed that the percentage of chocolate was the same everywhere. I also have bought those thinking that I was getting better quality.

Anna T

No, I had not heard this. That's a little disturbing because I've always bought the expensive cocoa over the cheap since I believed it was of higher quality.

I'll definitely have to do some more checking on that because I only want to get the pure stuff.

Thank you for sharing!

lettuce

It doesn't surprise me. You really can't trust any product's claim, unless it is heavily government regulated. We really are putting our complete trust in their claims when we purchase the product.

Pat

Not sure I understand what you are saying here. The chocolate is not pure, that I have heard but the percentage of contanimates I don't know.

I still love chocolate.

Parker

Are you saying that the cocoa from Africa is not pure? I think it really depends on where you're getting your chocolate. I do enjoy dark chocolate almonds. I really need to wean myself off them.

I'm not surprised. A lot of companies have been caught lying about their products being organic or containing organic ingredients. You actually have to do some research and not merely trust these companies' claims.

Laurasav

I've never heard about this problem before. I love chocolate and must include it in my "diet" daily! :p
I can't imagine a day without chocolate! And I prefer the good, dark chocolate too. I buy most of my chocolates from a local chocolatier or by mail order from a farm up north that makes heavenly dark chocolate covered cherries.

I have heard of this, but this is where research comes in handy. You have to research the company you are buying your chocolate from and then you can make an educated choice on if they are providing you with the quality items you need or not.

artistry

I love chocolate, but I do not make it a habit of buying very expensive chocolates. Also, if I like the taste of the particular chocolate, then wrap it up. Love those M & M's. Cheers.

sdjaxson

I have not yet heard of this. I would love to know more since I am a lover of all things Cocoa and Chocolate!