Clearing away the stress

nutti

Stress is not healthy! I am pretty stressed out lately. I have made a pact with myself to start clearing the stress away. Anyone else do this? Where did you start? Work, personal life, where?

Primrose

Good luck on "clearing the stress away." I ended up with a stress related hospital stay over Christmas. Rather than clearing it all away at this point, I'm learning to deal with it and live with it. I have to realize the world will not end if something doesn't get done on time.

Pinkle

I did this about a year ago, starting with my job. My job (working in a hospital pharmacy) had become so stressful that I was literally coming home in tears every night. I started by cutting back on my hours, from 40+ hours/week to 24, then eventually I switched jobs altogether. After that, I started working on stress in my personal life. I also did research on how to handle stress that you can't get rid of. I started reading for pleasure again, picked my guitar back up, and found my crochet needles. Stress still gets the better of me sometimes, but not like it used to.

Cassia

I feel like the past few years haven't been really good to me, and there was a time that stress almost took over my life. Now is different though. I have learned to accept the situation and deal with it. I have realized that I am left with no choice but to move forward.

chabella

All Lady
The best thing that works for me is anything that lets me get away from the stress and be able to think clearly without any interruptions. I can go for a walk, exercise, put a pair of head phones on or close my den door to just be alone. Once I have that time I can think through things clearly without being overwhelmed.

Myrth

I practice meditation with Reiki. It really helps reduce my stress levels. I have been thinking about adding a yoga class. A friend of mine does yoga and it seems like something I would enjoy.

Luvkenny

I have been trying to live a "stress-free" life for a couple of years now. I changed my group of friends, started saying no more often and started exercising daily. I am seeing positive changes.

Hyacinth

Once a week, I try to have my 'me' time. This means going to the mall, eating at a cheap restaurant, scouring the used books store for good reads, or watching a movie alone. These simple activities provide me with that much-needed moment in which I don't have to think of my work or other responsibilities.

jolee

Nutti wrote:
Stress is not healthy! I am pretty stressed out lately. I have made a pact with myself to start clearing the stress away. Anyone else do this? Where did you start? Work, personal life, where?
Processes from Abraham-Hicks can be very helpful. They have several books out, and a plethora of recorded seminars on cd. Also videos. They suggest things like making lists of positive aspects, purposely thinking about or imagining things or experiences that feel good to you, and meditation. They have lots of helpful ideas for those interested in claiming responsibility for their lives, and directing the direction their life goes.