Cleaning Poodles eyes

NeedToLearnMore

We just got a new little dog that is part poodle. I was wondering if there is something natural that you can clean around their eyes with? They always seem to have that dirty eye look and would like to use something that isn't expensive.

MountainGirl

My friend has a dog that she has to clean up a little bit and I think she just uses water. I think I've heard that they have some natural liquids you can use that are supposed to smell good.

BettyKane

If you check at your closest pet store I'm sure they will have all kinds of products you can use. Some I imagine will be better then others (and more expensive). I think water would work too but I do know that sometimes poodles eyes can look 'stained' so it might take a little more then water.

Hedda

If you wear contact lenses and have some plain saline solution on hand, that would work really well. We keep a bottle on hand just to rinse our pets' eyes with.

ThymeandTide

I would trust the stuff you can put in your own eyes. Everything I've ever seen to clean around a dogs eyes, says not to get into their eyes. After I read that, I've never bought any. Just use saline or ask the vet for something.

AppleMay

When we had a poodle once and when ever we gave him a bath, we used dog shampoo that didn't burn the eyes so we used that. If they go to bad between baths we would just mix up a little and dab around his eyes. Seemed to work pretty good.