Chiropractors and Aneurysms

natural1

My mom had a brain aneurysm. They caught it by accident thank God. The doctor fixed it and now she has another one growing. Her doctor told her that going to a Chiropractor and getting your neck adjusted can later cause this. I have had my neck done and my back in my life. Does anyone know if this is true? Now I`m scared.

Daisy1

My mom had a brain aneurysm. They caught it by accident thank God. The doctor fixed it and now she has another one growing. Her doctor told her that going to a Chiropractor and getting your neck adjusted can later cause this. I have had my neck done and my back in my life. Does anyone know if this is true? Now I`m scared.

This is untrue, and an irresponsible scare tactic that has worked on you. I would ask your mother's doctor where he got his information...can he back this up? Is there documentation?
A Doctor of Chiropractic is highly skilled and understands how the body functions holistically. If you have fears about this occuring, talk to your chiropractor. He/she will explain to you why having a gentle adjustment to your cervical spine, thoracic or lumbar spine will NOT cause an anuerysm. In fact, regular chiropractic care can help alleviate stress on the cardiovascular system, and the body as a whole. A good Chiropractor will take a full health history of a patient, and would never render treatment that would cause harm or aggrevate an existing condition. I hope this helps!

powwa

I have read on alternative therapy websites that if you have neck arthritis, which I have, that chiropractic adjustments can cause a stroke because of the artery that runs through that area of your neck. I will continue to get adjustments for my hips and lower back but I'm not going to get any further adjustments to my neck.

Bob67

Because I have arthritis in my back, I've been going to a chiropractor for years. But all he ever works on is my back; I won't let him touch my neck. I'm real picky about my neck.

But I've never heard that. I'm sure it can't be true.

wanderingherb

I would like to support Daisy with what she says. What a pity this has been said. Good and bad chiropractors exist as well as good and bad doctors.

I'll tell you another event. Carpal Tunnel surgery has been done to almost over half the individuals I meet here in this small town. I know of a chiropractor who can actually assist folks with beginning carpal tunnel. Many individuals have been fixed to the point where they did not need surgery and they suffer no nerve damage. They've been doing well and no longer even go to the Chiropractor for this.

However, the main physicians balk and actually scare patients into believing surgery is the only course of action. A good chiropractor can really do a lot for some folks. This guy is honest and will tell you if he can help or not. It should be the option of the patient. But many, including myself, were scared into getting a very expensive surgery, and found out that wasn't the problem. Sad, but this happens.

I wish all disciplines were respected more than what they are. It would certainly help our health care wouldn't it.

You could actually go online and go to a Chiropractic licensing board, email them and pose this question to them. Ask if its true. Maybe this will help you make a decision that is right for you.

Wanderingherb