Chiropractic and Injury

NatureMom

Have you ever had an injury because of a Chiropractic session? I had a rib broken during a manipulation, and was compensated $2400. Not much for a broken bone really! I've never been back.

greentea

Ouch! That must hurt. Is the Chiropractic treatment that vigorous to broke your rib? If so, I would never tried Chiropractic then.

By the way, Did you treat the broken bone the natural way?

Herby

I've been seeing one chiropractor for the past 10 years and never experienced anything like that. He helps me with my back and also with tightness in my hip.

NatureMom

I was going for a back problem and seemed to be having some success. But I had a vacation approaching and needed to be fit by a deadline so he got more aggressive.... and though I believe in the merit of chiro, I'm now incredibly cautious too.

Herby

A guy I worked with many years ago said that you really have to be careful when you select a chiropractor. Guess I got lucky with the guy I see.

NatureMom

That might well be the case-in which case, never let him go! If my treatment hadn't been rushed, maybe I would have been ok. But maybe I'd have eventually come amiss, just at a later date.

GivingBack

I would imagine that injury rates are not published, so how would you go about finding a good, and safe chiro? There seems to be an element of risk involved.