Chiropractic and ear infections

EarthGirl

Has anyone here used chiropractic treatment to relieve and ear infection? I have lots of friends who have done it, but we aren't prone to ear aches here.

A friend of mine wants to take her son and was wondering if it will be only one session, or if she'll have to take him back for another session. Also, she is wondering how quickly the treatment works.

Any experience in this would be appreciated!

Healthy4us

I have never had this done for an ear infection, and if there is an infection, I truly do not know if that will clear up without some type of medication/drops. I can tell you that when I get my neck adjusted, sometimes it does clear up my ears, and sometimes it blocks it for a few minutes. In general with Chiro. care, when the bones are in better alignment, there is a general benefit for your overall health.

CrunchyMama

I have a friend who swears by chiropractic care for ear infections. She has treated every one of her children that way instead of with other medications, and it worked great! I *think* it was a one-time visit.

blossom

I hadn't heard that and I've been going to the chiropractor since before I had kids because of back and neck problems. I can't see why it wouldn't be beneficial since anytime I feel bad, the chiropractor is able to fix anything the doctor can't.