Chiro. adjustment how long should it last?

Healthy4us

How long should a Chiropractic adjustment last? How long do they last for you? I try to take it easy after the adjustment, but without fail, my neck is very stubborn and insists on popping back out of place!:)

StingingNettle

It depends partly on why you are going. But usually, if you keep going, the adjustment last longer and longer. For me, it usually takes two or three bi-monthly visits before it starts to hold nearly the whole two weeks.

It also helps to determine why you keep slipping out of adjustment. Your chiropractor might be able to help you with that.

TonicForMe

I've gotten to the point I can go only twice a month and it holds me. I started going three times a week if that tells you anything. I love it.

rayne

I find that if I go once a month and then exercise regularly, I stay in adjustment longer than if I don't exercise. Exercise is the key for me.

StingingNettle

That's a great point, rayne! It makes sense that adding exercise will help you maintain an adjustment.

You know, another thing that works for me is to work on my back in-between visits. I use a tennis ball to help "roll" out the knots, cold packs, heat packs, and epsom salt soaks.

mamajen

I always heard that if you go to the chiropractor, you will have to keep going back, almost like they make it work. But it seems like that is kind of the way with regular doctors sometimes, too, right?

MissEm

I think a lot depends on how strong your core muscles are that help to support you. Rayne probably finds that exercise helps her go longer between adjustments because she has good abdominal support. :D

Equinox

My mother had always gone to the Chiropractor and I never understood why. It looks very painful and I still don't have the guts to do it. I'd rather be massaged then have them jerking my bones. I thought that over cracking bones harms them?