Chemicals and toxicity

Lorelei

I was reading recently that there are 100,000 chemicals registered for use in the U.S. Only 7% or so have been tested for long-term effects due to continued exposure. These chemicals are often found in detergents, washing powder, air fresheners and other deodorizers and cleaners. I'm going through my cabinets this month to see what I can weed out.

artistry

There are many cleaning products that are chemical or mostly chemical free. Look for the "green" products. I am more concerned with the things that are in food for preservatives. Funeral directors, as I understand it, have stopped embalming people, because of the preservatives in food. That is too weird.

Esperahol

Artistry, did someone tell you that or did you read it online? Even if a funeral director assumed that people were well enough preserved from their food, he does not legally have the ability to make that determination. Further, if that were a legitimate cause I'm pretty sure the FDA would have jumped on that.

Meow

Not exactly a shocker.

There isn't a way to test a recent discovery for long term effects...

Basil Nut

Funeral directors are not embalming people? I hadn't heard that one. I think funeral homes are in business to make money, and they are going to keep that business coming in regardless. They want to sell you as many services as they can sell you.