Checkups

ceenis

Are most people just lazy only taking their pets to the vet for an ER and not regular checkups? I wonder if this counts for neglect since I know someone that has managed to only do this three times with the same pet and then the pet just randomly died. :(

GivingBack

I don't know-it would depend on how often they themselves go for a 'check up'. I don't see the point in them so I don't go. I don't want to sit in a germy docs office and pick up the flu whilst just waiting to make sure I'm healthy when I know myself how I feel.

smellsrfun

I take my cats in every year for check-ups. I think you should be sure to make sure your animals are getting the proper care. Why have animals if you can't give them what they need?

GivingBack

I guess that's just the point-it's whether they 'need' it. My animals always got sick and emergency care, the required shots and so on. More food and love than they knew what to do with. But I didn't take them every year.

Tell me-what does your vet find when you take them in?

Treehugger

I take my animals for thier yealy check ups and shots but I don't take them more than that unless they get sick. A lot of people are having to choose between extra expenses and eating so I can't really say anything bad about that.

Change

I absolutely agree Treehugger. There are a lot of people who have found themselves in a pickle financially and they are emotionally attached to their pets. They couldn't give them up any more than you could give a child up if you got financially straped. I wouldn't judge people. You never know where life is going to lead you.

jason

Have a great day
Here if Florida they require shots every year. So I take them for that and get their checkup then. Their checkups cost more then mine.

Glinda

I take them every year for shots and to get their new scripts for flea and heart worm medicine. Sometimes the vet notices something I didn't pick up on, sometimes not. I also like to keep track of their weight (especially the fat cat who is at risk for certain health conditions).

CindyJ

We haven't been able to think about getting another pet since our dog of 16 years died a few years ago. But, if we do decide to commit, I'm definitely going to invest in some pet insurance. It's amazing how much vet fees are these days.