Chamomile and Hops for better sleep?

Natuthusiast

Hi,

I've been having disturbed sleep for about a year now (comes and goes, not consistent). Sometimes I can't fall asleep, and sometimes I fall asleep but wake up 4-5 hours later and can't get back to sleep. I experience the latter more frequently. (Since I've started limiting my coffee to only 8-9AM, falling asleep quickly is almost guaranteed)

I've tried Valerian, and also a supplement containing Valerian/Melatonin/Chamomile(...).
Valerian either works but leaves me feeling weird all day, or it backfires and keeps me up all night!
The supplement containing Melatonin made me feel sleepy/groggy all day long.
I drink Chamomile tea now. It has a mild sedative effect, doesn't always help me stay asleep, but at least I don't feel anything the next day.

I wish to try Chamomile/Hops mix, but before I buy them I wanted to be advised regarding:
1) Is it worth it? Is there any potential in this mix to help promote a more restful sleep?
2) Any dangers in this mix? (I'm not allergic to anything or have any medical conditions)
3) In case this mix works for me, is it safe for long term use?
4) I'm planning to buy Chamomile (350mg) and Hops (310mg), and taking one pill of each ~30 minutes before bedtime. Any advice on dosage is appreciated.

Thanks.