broccoli with mayo

chabella

All Lady
Does anyone here eat broccoli with mayo on it? I never heard of it until my husband tried it for dinner one night after his mother suggested it. I could not hack it since most times I put cheese on mine. I don't know anyone that does this, how normal is it?

Primrose

Was it cooked broccoli? If so, that does sound nasty. I've made broccoli salad before that has includes mayo as an ingredient but never on cooked broccoli. I put this in the same category as gravy on cantelope. Ever heard of that? My husband was brought on it but I just can't do it.

Trudy

I like my broccoli plain or with a little lemon juice squeezed over the top after I steam it. I've never even thought to add mayo. We've decided to skip the cheese sauces because we just don't need all the animal fat.

Myrrh

I have never had my broccoli with mayo, and I'm not sure if I would ever try it. I am okay with steamed broccoli with cheese sauce or a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

aunaturel

Doesn't adding mayo to broccoli defeat the purpose in a way? I mean, broccoli is super healthy and full of great vitamins, while being low calorie. I can't see the point of adding mayonnaise to it.

chabella

All Lady
It seems that he likes it both cooked and raw, I do not understand it at all. I spoke with a few other people who say only when it is raw and some that disagree. I just like cheese on mine and he says I am the weird one!

WillieR

I love broccoli, but I don't think I could stand the mayonnaise. I'm not a big mayonnaise fan anyway. I would rather eat it raw or with cheese. I have eaten it with butter too, but I would rather have it plain.

sPeeDeeBee

Hmm, well mayo's great on artichokes! Why not broccoli, too? (except for the health argument!)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

jason

Have a great day
I have dipped it in blue cheese dressing before but never plain mayo. Not much of a fan of mayo to begin with.