Body Wraps

Luvkenny

What exactly is a body wrap? I keep hearing more and more about them on Facebook. It Works or something like that. I asked the lady selling them and she said they were some sort of natural way to shrink sizes. Something about the wrap helps detox the toxins in your body. I think she is full of crud! How could a wrap be a detox?

lolli

I have a couple of friends that are selling "It Works" body wraps too. I would not consider them as a form of detox. I don't know how they work and I am not trying them out. They have some for your face/chin too.

chabella

All Lady
I have heard about them as well but never tried them, being somewhat claustrophobic the last thing I want to do is volunteer for a wrap where I am stuck. It does not sound refreshing to me at all!

Valerienne

Is it the same wrap that people use when they work out, so they stay warmer and sweat more? I'm not really sure how that helps with losing weight (except that you sweat out more water), but I suppose you could get rid of some toxins through your skin... except they can soak right back in because the wrap is keeping them where they are.

nutti

That might be it Valerienne - sweating out more toxins. I have heard of these but I don't think you have to work out. You keep them on for 45 minutes. No way would I try it though. I think they are pretty expensive.

Cassia

I am not familiar with this "It Works" body wrap, but I have heard about body wrap treatment being offered in some spas and beauty salons. This treatment is supposed to help you slim down or trim your problems areas.

chabella

All Lady
Why would you take a wrap if you could do the same thing in a steam room at a spa? Or better yet, a hot shower in your house that ends up costing a good bit less. I just don't get it. :rolleyes: