bites inside of mouth

chabella

All Lady
I am sure others have done this before too and it is always the worst pain I can think of that we never expect. For those who have this issue a good bit (like me after dental work) is there any way to prevent this or at least take sometime to help with healing? Last night in my sleep I did this three times and I am very sore today so I have no idea how I did not wake when it happened.

Primrose

If you're doing it in your sleep, you may need a mouth guard if it continues. I usually manage to bite myself while eating. Then it's sore for a day or two. Peroxide usually helps the healing process if you swish it a couple times a day.

lolli

These sores are horrible! I usually gargle with warm salt water. Yes! It hurts like crazy but somehow it heals the sore much quicker. I do agree that you need a mouth guard.

chabella

All Lady
Lately it just seems like I am being silly and not biting proper. Like I almost forgot how to work my jaws or something. I am not sure what is going on as I do not always notice it in the morning, sometimes it just happens.

freshfoodie

I have scars in my mouth because I had a couple seizures when I was younger. While in the middle of them, I bit the insides of my mouth several times. I bite myself a lot and I guess that there is not much that you can do to stop it. Maybe your dentist can help.

Lyra

The worst is how once you've bitten your cheeks or lip, it swells and makes it all the more likely that you will bite it again.