Best scents for relaxation

Charmeuse

I have the tendency to get tension headaches. I know the scent of peppermint relieves my headaches, but I am curious what scents will help to relieve the tension that caused my headache to begin with?I tried lilac oil. it smells nice, but the headaches would not go away. I tried lemongrass oil as well. I get headaches from very sharp scents, so it needs to be something floral or fruit scented. What are your thoughts and suggestions?

shaunche

Nag Champa is a relaxing scent. The smell of Nag Champa instantly makes me feel more relaxed. I buy Nag Champa incense online, it's very cheap if you buy from discount incense outlets. You should definitely try Nag Champa if you haven't already.

Cassia

Lavender, rosemary, chamomile, peppermint and eucalyptus are essential oils that are known to help relieve pain and headaches. I usually rub a little amount of lavender or rosemary ois on my temple when I am dealing with a headache. Sometimes, I add a few drops of chamomile or lavender oil to my bath.

Mrs. Rogers

I think that my favorite relaxing scent would be a mixture of lavendar and chamomile. I actually purchased a bottle of this spray from Bath and Body Works back in the late nineties and still have the same bottle. I like to spray a touch on my pillows and sheets on wash day when I'm making beds. It definitely does it's job - even all these years later.

beckyv1265

I have found that when i am getting stressed that laughing is the best way to reduce stress. Laughing releases powerful stress reducing hormones into the blood stream. Watch a comedy or hang out and laugh with friends.

gina121

Deep breathing in the open, plenty of water to drink and, as Becky says, smiling or laughing should ease your tension headaches.
If you must use something to apply, I'd strongly suggest any readymade balm with ingredients such as lemongrass, eucalyptus, camphor (extremely effective for me), peppermint or cinnamon. Since you are averse to strong smells, you could also try pure rose essential oil or sandalwood oil.

Pat

I like to watch a comedy when I need to de-stress. A good walk is also good and lavender is also relaxing scent.

Waynefire

I really like Lavender to help you relax. It can provide a great scent and really help calm your nerves. This is really true if you have a baby and bathe them in Lavender soap because they instantly relax!

natastic

I think anything that you smell that is pleasant and non-perfumy will help ease the tension. I prefer chamomile and lavender personally. They are both very nice scents and relaxing as well. I get a lot of headaches too and perfumy smells make it so much worse. Good luck.

jovan107

I use Lavender oil to relax. Lavender is very calming. I have used it for stress relief, insomnia, and anxiety in the past. Lavender has a wide variety of health benefits. I also use it as a hair oil, pain relief, muscle aches, and dry skin.

What I find that works for me is a good walk on a trail at a park and taking in the good smells and fresh air from the woods. What else I use when that does not work is use lavender, and drinking a nice hot cup of Chai tea, or Chamomile Tea.