Best herbs for anxiety?

Raspberry Leaf

I've heard a lot about the use of valerian root and valerian tea for anxiety. Unfortunately, the smell is too much for me to handle! Aside from lavender and chamomile, what other herbs are helpful for reducing anxiety and stress?

hppyfngy

St John's Wort, Kava, Milky Oats, Passionflower, Motherwort, Nettle Leaf and Skullcap, to name a few.

There are lots and lots. I think a skullcap/nettle leaf tincture is my all around favorite. It's mild, sort of like a very low dose of Valium.

These should really be prescribed upon an evaluation though.

Raspberry Leaf

Thank you! I'll have to run these by a doctor and see what they say. You never know how things can interact. I had a friend who got very sick from taking St. John's Wort on top of an antidepressant. Always, always go with doctor supervision!

hppyfngy

It's definitely true, RasLeaf. Some folks take herbals too lightly, thinking they couldn't interfere with chemical meds, but they can be just as potent and potentially dangerous!

I make, but I do not prescribe! Always see a qualified herbalist.

Lilly

St. John's Wort is a good one, but it takes forever before it starts working. You have to take it for about six weeks to notice a difference. Kava is also a good one and so is Passion Flower.

armyswat

Marijuanna or a substitute called blue lotus which is legal.. also a good thing. it's natural herb, can be eaten raw. both of them or dried..

raw is better.

EDWIN

i have been taking Theanine for aong while now and I find it works amazing BUT it does make you tired so its best at night. my anxiety and depression have all but gone away. I am not sure of long term effects.

I did not like St Johns Wort to much it takes FOREVER to work and gave me crazy dream

wayne.suslansky

Anyone have any experience with kanna? I have 500 milagram capsules 100:1 and don't have any idea how to dose it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk