Best essential oil to use on a rash?

I have a friend that has a rash on her arm and isn't sure where it came from. She was working outside so may have brushed against something. Is there a certain essential oil that is good to use on rashes?

I guess it would depend on what it was that caused the rash. I have issues with eczema, and I use tea tree oil on it. This is the first summer that I'm using tea tree oil and it's also the first summer that my eczema hasn't gone crazy on me without having to use a topical steroid. So yeah, it works on eczema. Maybe it will work on your friend's rash as well?

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking about maybe tea tree oil or even lavender oil? I've heard that both are good and you don't have to dilute them to rub on your skin.

shaunche

Tea tree oil can work wonders with skin rashes. Lavender oil, peppermint oil and chamomile oil can also alleviate skin rashes. The last time I had a rash I used tea tree oil mixed with a little baking soda to form a paste, I rubbed it on my skin twice a day for two days and the rash disappeared.

Hyacinth

I suppose tea tree oil is a good candidate. It has been known for its skin care properties. Lavender, chamomile, and geranium oils have properties that can help help heal skin rashes.

AnonaMoss

I don't think I would put oil on a rash - especially if you don't know what caused it. You may end up irritatating the rash. I would play it safe by applying a store bought rash cream and/or aloe vera gel for a few days. If it didn't go away after a week or maybe two weeks, I would see a doctor.

ohiotom76

Be careful with Tea Tree Oil though, since it has a very strong smell to it. I wouldn't put much on if I was going to work in an office and be around others all day, for example.