Best Diuretic?

Healthy4us

Any one have any suggestions on what would work best for water/fluid retention? I understand that Alfafa is sometimes recommended, but Alfafa seems to have had many recalls lately.

CrunchyMama

Caffeine is a diuretic. I believe tomatoes are, also, to some degree. I know there are several others, but I can't think which they are off the top of my head.

LoveNature

I just juice a few lemons and add this to my water throughout the day. Drink lots and lots of water. Green tea and apple cider vinegar work well for this too. Watermelon is probably the tastiest method.

Hedda

Cranberry juice works wonders as well. If you buy unsweetened concentrate (no other juices included) and mix about 4 ounces with 24 ounces of water, and drink this consistently you should notice a difference. I add a little stevia to it.

Joyce

Stinging nettle steeped into a tea. It is a diuretic as well as great for your immune system. It is great for people with allergies. The natural health practitioner suggested it to me.

wanderingherb

Oh yes! Nettles are awesome also! I'm not in nettle territory anymore so I switched to Yarrow!

Mmmmm Yummm. It has been YEARS since I had steamed nettles!