Beef Recall

Cobbler

I just caught a little bit of this on the news about a major beef recall. I think it was 50,000 pounds. Does anyone know about more details of this?

SoftRain

I saw something about it online. Everything was packaged in chubs, I believe, so if you don't buy your beef in chubs I don't think you are affected.

rayne

Here is the article on the recall. Ground beef is the culprit and it may be contaminated with E.Coli. Bad news. I hope no one gets sick.

chabella

All Lady
How can you track it to know if you have purchased it or not? We had chicken tacos over the weekend and no beef for at least a week. I am pretty sure we are safe but it is still always a good reminder that recalls can happen to anything, including food.

freshfoodie

I am glad that we don't eat a lot of beef. I don't have any in the freezer either so I guess I am in the clear with this recall. I don't know why they even have these things happen in this day and age.

StarGazer

I don't buy chubs, so I guess I don't have to worry about this. I've tried a couple different brands of chubs before and didn't like them at all, so I won't buy them anymore.

lolli

I have never heard of chubs before so I know I don't have any. We also purchase our beef right from the local farmer. We buy half of a cow every couple of years.