Bananas

biggy

I understand that bananas are one of the best nutritious fruits easily available to the people. Is it true that it has many vitamins which are extremely useful to the body? I need more information on bananas and banana diet. Will some one help me out?

Galileo

I've always loved bananas - I eat one almost everyday. I have a friend who recently ended up in the emergency room for a potassium deficiency and, while I know there are a lot more fruits and veggies out there that have potassium, sure enough she hates bananas.

I think bananas are great not just for their potassium level, but also because they provide energy and are very filling. If I eat a banana for an afternoon snack, I won't be tempted to eat anything else until dinner.

adebayo

Studies show a correlation between consumption of bananas and reduced risk of colorectal cancer, breast cancer and renal cell carcinoma. Bananas have high amounts of vitamin B6, vitamin C and potassium.

Dreyfush

Bananas are one of my favorite fruits, along with apples, oranges and papayas. I agree with Galileo, bananas contain a good deal of potassium which is good for the nerves. It's better to take bananas with milk.

Maternal

I love bananas and papayas. I read in a book that bananas and papayas have many health benefits and are recommended for those who are suffering from kidney disorders.

curer

Bananas are rich in potassium. Majority of sports persons eat bananas. In fact, it's a must eat fruit for them. It not only gives instant energy but also provides vital nutrients required for the body. I have also heard about morning banana diet which is reported to be popular in Japan.