Bad headaches and chiropractic services

Luvkenny

Do you think visiting a chiropractor could help with tension headaches? I can't seem to kick this headache and I know it's stress/emotional. I have taken meds for it and nothing is working. Could I get help from a chiropractor?

gina121

Chiropractic deals with disorders/ailments of the neuromusculoskeletal system, and tension headaches (which you feel you have) are said to be caused by altered function in the neuromusculoskeletal system. So, yes, there is a strong chance that chiropractic treatment could bring relief to your headaches. Have you ruled out all other possible causes of your headaches, in consultation with your doctor?

shaunche

A chiropractor could help with your headache problem, it's definitely worth a try. I had a similar problem with tension headaches a few years ago, I made adjustments to my lifestyle to promote relaxation and I haven't had any headaches since.

dissn_it

I was thinking that addressing the source of the stress would be your best bet. You can try the chiropractor but if you do not deal with the source, it will probably just return. I would also try to do what shauncie did, find ways to relax.

beckyv1265

Headaches can be caused by a multitude of disease processes so make sure of your cause and if it is muscle related than I don't see how chiropractic could hurt. If it works than you will have relief.

SweetPea

I too suffer from tension headaches and make chiropractic part of my routine. I dont go as often as I should but when the tension builds up I know its time! I feel it is important to work massage in as well. You cannot properly align if you are tense so find a good practitioner that incorporates relaxation and maybe some heat and quick massage into the adjustment.

iampeebs

Many people are helped this way, but you have to remember that just because the headache did not disappear after one or two adjustments, does not mean that it is not working. You really need to speak to the chiropractor and find out a time table, so you are not disappointed or give up too soon.