Ate so bad! Help

Luvkenny

I have eaten so bad this past week. We have been on the run every night after work. This weekend was spent at our yard sale. We ate out each day. I know I should not be putting such "toxic" food into my body. I need to jump start a healthy body tomorrow. What can I do to "detox" this bad food?

Sugarhill

I really don't think what you've done this week would require a detox. Just let it go as normal and switch back to normal, healthy food and drink some water.

Suzie

I hear you. It seems like after one meal it's so easy to continue eating the bad stuff. Drink some green tea and lots of water.

shaunche

Forget about the past week, there is no point worrying about it, it is done. Focus on being healthy now and in the future. You could try fasting for 24 hours and drinking water with lemon juice to detoxify your body. Post-fast, eat plenty of vegetables and whole natural food.

Esperahol

The human body is a fairly robust organism, so one week of "toxic" meals is honestly not going to kill or even damage you. Just let it go before you hurt yourself with stress and try to plan better in the future.

Sugarhill

The human body is a fairly robust organism, so one week of "toxic" meals is honestly not going to kill or even damage you. Just let it go before you hurt yourself with stress and try to plan better in the future.
I just want to emphasize this point. If the food was as bad as you claim, it probably ran through your system on a daily basis and the rest will also leave sooner than you imagine.

Now, if you are having some problems with the elimination process, get some fibrous foods to assist you. The body is smarter than you and it will always fight to protect itself.

btatro

I guess I wouldn't really worry about 1 week of bad food. If it is not the usual or a habit that you do frequently, move on in your life :) Go back to your healthy, nutritious foods and don't stress about the one week of naughtiness!

ssamcd

You have probably passed it all out by now. Not to worry. Tomorrow is another day and you can always start your healthy lifestyle tomorrow. Drink some water and do some exersice in the morning. That will give you a good kick start.

Well you only ate bad for a week so I would suggest that you just go back to your healthy diet. You don't need to invest in any detox systems.

I agree with everyone else. It sounds like you take care of your body normally. It takes a lot of get your body sick just from one week of bad eating. Your body will get rid of it quick.

hunysukle

For future reference, eat a piece of fruit before you know you are about to pig out. Then, once you are finished, try to eat a piece of fruit afterward. Fruit will not only prevent you from overeating, but will help alkalize your body after you eat acidic meals like meat, sweats, white flour, pop, etc.

Carolynn

That is good to know Hunysuckle. I had never heard that before. I had heard of eating a piece of fruit and drinking a full glas of water before a meal to prevent over eating though.

lettuce

Your body will naturally adjust itself so long as you don't continue the pigout habit. Just exercise a little more and eat a little less until you find your balance again.

freshfoodie

My body tends to get rid of bad foods rather quickly so I try not to eat them. I do have my moments though. I don't worry about it if it is just a few meals I just return to my regularly scheduled healthy lifestyle ASAP.

Hyacinth

I agree with the previous posters. I don't think that one week of 'bad' food will necessarily damage your health. :) You can sort of make up for the 'bad' food by eating healthy in the coming days. Drink plenty of water and have cups of green tea. Eat foods that are rich in fiber.

Sugarhill

For future reference, eat a piece of fruit before you know you are about to pig out. Then, once you are finished, try to eat a piece of fruit afterward. Fruit will not only prevent you from overeating, but will help alkalize your body after you eat acidic meals like meat, sweats, white flour, pop, etc.
This is a great tip. I thought you were suggesting an apple to help with the digestive and elimination process due to the fiber content. I guess the fruit would also help you fill up a bit since you've eaten that and it would automatically decrease how much more you would be able to eat of the "bad stuff."

shaunche

Fruit will not alkalize the body because it contains the fruit sugar, fructose. Fructose, like all sugar, is highly acidic. You don't really need to worry about having an acidic day once in a while, the body has natural buffering systems to maintain a healthy pH balance.

Drink lots of water. If you feel you have eaten such bad food you can flush all of these negatives out of you with water. Exercise will also help. I hear you when you say that you feel bad after eating fast food. I feel the same way. After eating healthy for the next few days you should be feeling great again!

KaMeHaMeHA

Like everyone above has stated, only one week of bad eating is not necessarily worthy of a detox. However if you really want to try something you could always supplement with fiber, or another product is called Triphila. Triphila cleanses the blood and often creates numerous bowel movements. Whatever you choose be sure to drink lots of water.

Jessi

I'm jumping on with everybody else here to say forget about an actual detox. Focus on the week ahead and go out of your way to make sure you're eating as healthy as possible, drinking plenty of water, and exercising. You'll feel much more refreshed and won't have all the sluggish side effects of last week's messups.