Are there any herbs to detox someone?

natural1

My husband is a heavy drinker. I was wondering if any one knows if there is an herbal remedy to detox him. He has never gone through with drawl unless he was in the hospital and they did for him with an IV. If I can get him to stop drinking what herbs could I use to help him? And would it make him stop drinking?

wanderingherb

This one is tough. My heart really goes out to you.

First you have to understand alcoholism. Alcoholism is a disease yes, is there a cure, possibly, but it means a lifelong commitment by the alcoholic. A person has to want to stop and then have the willpower to continue and learn how to live with the disease and beat it. Without commitment by the alcoholic, the best you can do is to get some counseling. AA meetings help some individuals stay clean.

Trying to force a person to quit usually doesn't go very far and makes the alcoholic feel worse. Continual failure brings us all down.

You can help detox or assist in his liver, and assist in other area's, but it will not cause him to stop drinking. Only he can. You could possibly help with the withdraws and the muscle contractions and pain, but as soon as that is a past memory, you still have the alcoholism you have to deal with. The actual body pain is gone within 48 to 72 hours. If he's been this way a long time, its best to get medical help. Sometimes being away and detoxing will cause a person to "rethink" their lives. Sometimes finding the right rehab place helps. Sometimes a person can only do it on their own. Each case is different.

Perhaps going to a counselor is best right now. Even if he doesn't want to go, it may be very helpful for you.

Wanderingherb

Walter

Fasting is one of the best ways of detoxing your body. I read about liquid fasting, during which you only drink coconut water with a bit honey and lime water added.