Anyone here try SUP?

StarGazer

That's stand up paddleboarding, if you haven't heard of it. A place opened in the strip mall I work at and he's got a great price on classes and tours. The guy assured me that I don't need to be super athletic to be able to do it.

Primrose

Haven't done it but I've seen folks doing this in some of the quieter coves on the inland waterway at the beach. It looks like fun and I'm sure it's good exercise. Just from observation, balance would be a key factor and then there's the paddling part with the arms. Let us know what you find out.

StarGazer

I talked to Patrick (the owner of the shop I mentioned) and he said that balance isn't nearly as difficult as it would seem because the board is quite stable. I won't be trying it for myself for about a month - I reserved spots in a class for September 14 to take my friend for her birthday.

Cassia

I had never heard of it before until now, so I had to look it up and found out that it's not definitely the sport for me. First, I bet I will have difficulty balancing on the board. Second, water sports have never been my thing. :)

Cobbler

I'm just trying to picture how a person can paddle standing up. Maybe the word paddle is a misnomer, but how exactly does this work?

lolli

I would love to try it. I can imagine that it is really hard! I think you would use a lot of muscle groups while doing it. I am not very coordinated so I am not sure I would be able to do it.