Anxiety

igotthyme

I've been trying to lessen the amount of medication that I use, taking a "greener" approach, so to speak. Do you have a favorite blend that helps with your anxiety?

juno

The simple way to get rid of anxiety is to go for a long walk and do meditation for about 10 minutes every day. You'll not only over come anxiety but improve your health too. Do it and let me know.

kamcalli

I started to do the same after I stopped taking prozac years ago. I hated the way it made me feel and if I can clear my mind easier by taking a walk and not OTC's I am all for it.

igotthyme

If only I could get up enough motivation to walk. I suppose it's a catch 22 type thing, I get anxious just thinking about it. I have to figure out how to stop this cycle.

wanderingherb

I'm not saying this to be bad or anything but maybe some counseling to find out exactly what is going on to cause this anxiety. Sometimes going to someone who keeps what you say in complete confidentiality is very helpful!

It won't take effect right away, but at least you can start to find out what is causing the anxiety and work on it to eventually have the ability to control it. If it is not due to a physiological reason.

SaltandPepper

I use an herbal remedy that's made in the UK called "Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy". It works really well for me AND for my dog. It's safe for them as well and I've used it to control thunderstorm anxiety in him.

igotthyme

I'm not saying this to be bad or anything but maybe some counseling to find out exactly what is going on to cause this anxiety. Sometimes going to someone who keeps what you say in complete confidentiality is very helpful!

It won't take effect right away, but at least you can start to find out what is causing the anxiety and work on it to eventually have the ability to control it. If it is not due to a physiological reason.
Actually, I know what it is; I have been dealing with bi-polar and anxiety for 11 years and am on medication to treat it. The problem is, that I'm so sick of relying on medication to make me feel better. It makes me so tired so I was just trying to find some herbal supplement that wouldn't react with it negatively and doctors don't want to promote that.

blossom

For me, I like a combination of lavender and peppermint, either as an oil or a tea. Since I grow both, it's very handy. You could scent some epsom salts with the leaves and put in your bath, quite relaxing.

kamcalli

I am only so-so when things come to be greener. A sister in law that I have struggled to get pregnant and everyone in the family thinks its because she went "too green". I think everything in small doses. :)