Alkalizing your body.

Hickorycottage

I have read many articles and conflicting views about the body's ph level affecting your overall health. I would appreciate any insight you could give. Thanks. :D

MoringaUSA

Eat alkaline foods instead of acidic foods and see how it changes your overall body...your body is naturally in an alkaline state so eating too many acidic foods can cause a shift in balance and hurt your overall health.

hunysukle

Humans are meant to eat alkaline, not acidic, foods. Acidic foods, such as sweets, meats and processed foods, are linked to obesity, cancer and other diseases. Eating alkaline foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, will help you live a long, healthy life.

rayne

I think that you will also find that cancer cells grow best in an acidic environment. Our bodies are made to be alkaline not acidic. There are many websites that address cancer and acidicity in the body. Alkaline is better.

shaunche

There is a lot of truth in the link between body pH and health. Bacteria and cancer feed on sugar, sugar is one of the most acidic foods. Most vegetables are alkaline, everyone knows vegetables are important for health. If you consume lots of acidifying foods like sugar, soda, dairy, grains, and not enough alkalizing foods, your body will use its natural buffering systems to counteract the acidity.

Hickorycottage

Thank you all so much for your input! I'm glad I found this forum. I really need to make a shopping list of all the good things too eat, and stick with it.

Anna T

Yes, definitely some acidic foods are OK but your entire diet shouldn't consist entirely of those things.

In my opinion, everything in moderation. Alkaline is best, but acidic won't hurt you if it's only occasional.

shaunche

The majority of your diet should consist of alkaline forming foods. If your diet is mostly acid forming, the calcium from your bones will be leached, and over time this will cause health problems.

Pat

There is a test that you can take to see if your body ph is out of balance. The Litmus test tells you if your body is balanced or more to the acid or alkaline side.

Balance is ideal which would be alkaline. There are several good books out reporting cancer can not grow in a alkaline body.

AnonaMoss

I always hear people talking about this, but I had no idea that cancer grew in acidic environments. Pat, thanks for recommending the Litmus test. I'd like to know what my PH is. I'm going to research this topic more because right now I don't know much at all.