Adult & accident prone

chabella

All Lady
You would really think I would have gotten out of this phase of my life but it is just not the case? I must be the most accident prone adult that I know. Are others like this? Today alone (within the past four hours) I have managed to bruise my right knee off a table, cut the top of my left thumb and stubbed my right big toe. :oops:

freshfoodie

I think my family and friends would probably tell you you were wrong. We might have to have a klutz off. :p I am so bad that my SO doesn't even bat an eyelash anymore when he hears me saw "Ow" or hears a loud crashing sound. In the last year alone, I have sprained my ankle and my foot, twisted my knee, broke my big toe joint and lost the tip of one of my toes to a screwdriver incident. Those are just the bigger ones I can remember. I have so many bruises on my leg right now that I don't even know where they all came from.

pafjlh

All of us have little accidents its nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I once walked into a door knob and bruised my lower stomach, don't ask how this happened. I also recently cut my finger badly splitting pain pills in half. So we all have had our accidents its now as uncommon as you may think. The only advice I can give you is the same advice my father use to give me, try to pay attention to where your going and don't be in such a hurry. You would think I would of got the message but the whole door knob incident happened a few years after his death, so I guess I didn't really listen to him at the time.

jovan107

I think we all have accidents. I normally stump my toes and its the worst sharp pain for a few minutes. Accidents is very common in adult hood.

artistry

Perhaps if you maybe meditate, to work on your concentration abilities. Also, you might have too many things on your mind at one time. Take things a little slower, you may be rushing to get everything done at once. Good luck.

claudine

Well, I'm an adult and right now I have a big black bruise on my hip because two days ago I've run into my commode:oops: . It was very painful. I think things like this happen no matter how old you are, at least this is how it is in my case:p

Esperahol

Accidents are not something left in the providence of adolescents. You aren't going to outgrow although some people are more klutzy then others. I have more control over my limbs then some, but only because I spent my childhood towering over my classmates as well as many of my teachers. In that sort of situation you learn to manage or you hurt someone.

ohiotom76

I dumped a whole pot of chicken stock down the drain that I spent 4 hours making , because I put a strainer in the sink but forgot to put another pot beneath it to catch the stock.

My sister is pretty bad with klutziness, she's booksmart but no common sense at all. I've lost count how many times shes locked her keys in the car with the car running, left her credit card on the counter at the store, flew out of the garage and destroyed one of her side mirrors, etc...

Aletha

I have always been accident prone. This year alone I've been to the doctor or ER for stepping into a hole I knew was there. I almost broke my nose for that one. I sprained my ankle and had to be on a walker for a couple of months. I've burned myself getting bread out of the oven more than once and have had more than two instances of bandages required were larger than a band aid. I don't do well because my body takes off before I put my brain in gear.

Carolynn

I am accident prone with a bonus of having very pale skin that bruises easily. I have actually had people ask me if I was abused before! Last night I took a spill with a camping chair and I have a bruise that covers most of my left thigh and another all the way down my right arm.

Sage

I prefer to think of it as "misadventures" instead of being accident prone <g>. I have stepped on a board with a nail, ripped my toenail off on an hope chest that has been in the same place for years, stepped in the same hole in the yard and fell twice, and had a cat try to murder me on the back porch stairs. If I was a cat --- I would be dead by now because I'm sure I've used up more than 9 lives.

chabella

All Lady
I am still amazed that I managed to slice my finger open with the dullest knife in the kitchen, I figure that take some serious talent. I am very thankful that my kids are not nearly as bad as I was at their ages, heck in one year I managed to sprain my ankle enough that even the doctor said I should just stay in bed!

Carolynn

I managed to slice my finger nearly to the point of needing stitches while I was drying a frshly washed knife with a dish towel. Yes, I know that makes me sound like a complete idiot, but that is just one of my many "misadventures". I am still so sore from the spill the other night it is ridiculous. I have bruises all over me that look so bad I can't leave the house without long pants and sleeves to cover the worst of them.