Acupuncture helps women find balance

jason

Have a great day
Julie Segall pushes a needle into the flesh between her thumb and forefinger.
“It’s not like they go in that far,” says Segall, a licensed acupuncturist, as she demonstrates the correct way to insert an acupuncture needle.
Forget the needles of horror films and nightmares: the needles used in modern acupuncture are flexible, solid, disposable and “the width of one or two of your hairs,” Segall explains. And contrary to the popular misconceptions of acupuncture, Segall uses not hundreds but on average only 12 needles per treatment.
Originating in China roughly 5,000 years ago, the most frequently studied form of acupuncture involves “penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metallic needles that are manipulated by the hands or by electrical stimulation,”

more Acupuncture helps women find balance

remidies

I am a firm believer in acupuncture. I had a friend who suffered from severe migraines. She was referred to an acupuncturist and they put a needle in the back of her ear. She started crying uncontrollably and the pain was gone forever. This is a true story.

soursop

Wow, I need that kind of acupuncture treatment for my migraine. It comes so often and can be debilitating at times. I have to look around for a good acupuncturist in our area.

HonorBound

My mother used to swear by acupuncture for her arthritis and back pain. We had to travel 5 hours to get to the doctor that did it but she says it was worth it. The doctor she used is now out of business but I would love to find someone.