Activated charcoal

Lyra

Do you keep activated charcoal on hand? I like to keep a box in the house in case I need quick detox of some sort. For instance, one time I ate something that started to make me very sick. A few doses of activated charcoal helped to absorb some of the toxins and get me feeling better.

I love charcoal! I use it as a face scrub occasionally and from time to time when I think of it take a couple capsules for detox. Just ne warned if you take it daily it can cause constipation and absorb medicine and vitamins. Otherwise wonderful for if you are sick have diarrhea etc etc!

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

Lyra

Great tips, endosurvivor. I've never used it for a face scrub, but it is such a good idea to get toxins out of your skin. I'll add to your warning that anyone taking it should be aware that it will turn solid waste black. That is shocking if you aren't expecting it.

Hedda

Activated charcoal is often recommended in the case of an overdose of a medication. Quite often you find that the package insert that comes with medication discusses this.