A Warm Hello from the Costa Rican Rainforest!

Aaron

Hello and 'Pura Vida' to all the good hearted denizens of the Herbalist Hut forums. My name is Aaron, and I am an American expat currently living just outside of the Talamanca Rainforest in Central Costa Rica. I have lived here for the last five years, and have made my living working remotely from my home office on various freelance IT contracts.

My propensity for wanting to live a more natural lifestyle is what originally brought me here, and I think I have made a nice balance between the natural and the technological in my life. I have four children with my Costa Rican wife, two of whom are the most adorable 1 year old twin girls in the history of our planet.

Since reading Jethro Kloss' Back to Eden at the request of my Quaker grandfather when I was 11, I have been fascinated with the sheer amount of uses and remedies to be found in the plant kingdom. Also, there was a spiritual awakening to the properties herbs and plants I made during my 20's when my conscience and my soul led me to embrace Neo-Paganism as my personal faith.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and information with all of those who post here, and if anyone has any interest in any plant species where I live, I would be glad to answer any questions (to the best of my knowledge).

Esperahol

Welcome, Greetings, and Salutations. I hope you enjoy your time here and that you gain some new knowledge/perspective while you're here.