Why hot peppers are good for you

rayne

We are a hot pepper family, even the kids. When they were small, folks would be amazed that they would even touch a hot pepper. It seems there are many health benefits to eating hot peppers. This article lists a few that you may find helpful. We still love 'em.

freshfoodie

I eat hot peppers too. I eat them even more since I started learning the health benefits a few years ago. It really does help speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight too. We eat them in a lot of foods and also on our sandwiches.

aunaturel

I have heard that some hot peppers have health benefits but I just can't use them very much. If I go too spicy, I end up with terrible heartburn. Sometimes even ordinary mild peppers can trigger it, let alone hot peppers.

SuzyQ

Gosh, I didn't think hot peppers were that good! I'm not sure I could go to the extreme of eating peppers so hot that they make you sweat, though I do like to eat a meal with sweet chili as one of the ingredients.

lolli

Awesome! I am a wimp though and they burn my mouth. I have tried numerous times to eat them but I can't. No matter how good they are for you, if you can't eat them you can't.

2Nature

Then it is a good thing we are drowning in them every day. Kids are still not so fond of them but they are catching up pretty fast.

chabella

All Lady
We are not that much of a fan of peppers here, I do love spicy chicken though. Would it do the same thing flushing your system even if you are not eating peppers?

Aconite

I used to hate spicy stuff when I was younger but in the last few years as my taste buds have changed, I've gotten really fond of Indian curry, spicy Thai food, hot sauces, and Mexican food. Of course, I always try to make sure that I can digest what I eat though!

WeepingWillow

I have always loved hot peppers. I can eat them plain and by themselves. They taste so good to me and it is an added benefit how healthy they are.

2Nature

I used to hate spicy stuff when I was younger but in the last few years as my taste buds have changed, I've gotten really fond of Indian curry, spicy Thai food, hot sauces, and Mexican food. Of course, I always try to make sure that I can digest what I eat though!
Same thing with me, I hated spicy stuff too. I'm sure that many kids don't like foods like hot peppers. It is interesting though to watch them try these. :)